Friday, February 24, 2012

Crown molding for shoe storage



For my crown molding shoe storage system, I measured the area I wanted it to cover and purchased inexpensive crown molding (mine is very simple, I spent less than 20 for all of it). Cutting crown molding = not fun! My dad cut mine for me, but you can get around cutting the corners at an angle by hanging them in rows like this:

I wanted my corners to meet and go around the perimeter since my space is so small. The shoes stay up by gravity/physics. BUT rounded toe platforms DO NOT stay up. Save yourself a lot of aggravation, and broken items and beware of hanging them, it just doesn't work (if anyone knows of a way around it/trick to it, please let me know!!!). Overall, I am very happy with the result. 

1 comment:

  1. Great idea of crown molding for shoe storage moreover it is easy to install. crown molding

    ReplyDelete