Wednesday, March 28, 2012

DIY Neon acorn necklace

A while back I saw this tutorial on Dana's Fashion Blog and loved the combination of nature and neon. I forgot about it since it was winter and I didn't think I could find any acorns. While walking the dogs the other day I saw a bunch on the ground and instantly thought of the tutorial. I gathered some up and started shaping fimo into acorn shapes.
 I spray painted the acorn tops gold, and covered them in a clear nail polish. The fimo baked for 30 mins and then was glued into the top. I used a straight pin to make a hole in the top of the single, and the stem of double one (which sort of reminds me of a set of... :x yea so I don't know if that one will be worn). Last step was covering the fimo acorns in clear nail polish to seal and make them shiny. I hope I can make a cascading one like the tutorial soon because I love the way Dana's came out!


4 comments:

  1. A very excellent job! This is fantastic, LOVE it!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post dear and gorgeous blog! Following! Follow back? <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! i tried getting to your blog by clicking your name but it said 'could not display' i would love it if you would leave the url!

      Delete