Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Mascara Review- Maybelline Illegal Length Fiber Extensions


I was always one of those people that believed that if make up didn't come from a department store or Sephora, it was going to suck. Then I had to start paying for things myself, and realized that spending $30 on mascara that you had to throw out in 3 months was a little crazy. Various articles (see here and here) agree that you should save on mascara due to the short shelf life and the basic formula. I used Dior Show for the longest time, and then switched around from Benefit's Bad Gal, to a fiber extension mascara at Sephora (I tried finding it, but no luck). I loved it since my lashes are sparse, but not the price tag.

 Lately I have been using Maybelline Falsies, and I love it. A beauty adviser at Walgreen's had both the Dior show and this one on and most people said they liked the cheap one better! 
When I saw that Maybelline made a fiber extensions mascara, I had to try it!
I picked this Maybelline Illegal Length fiber extensions mascara up at Walgreens for under $10.
Here is it on one eye compared to a naked one. Please excuse my awesome hat...

On both
Overall I say it did it's job of adding .4mm of length. As you can see, I don't have much in the lash department. I have sensitive eyes though, and I did have a slight irritation but I'm not sure if it's from the change in season or the mascara. It did clump a little bit as well. I think I'll hang on to it for awhile!

3 comments:

  1. Holy badword!! It actually works because seriously, your lashes are so much longer! Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool!! Definitely want to try it...I love lashes!! You have pretty eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely going to try this out! Putting it on my "to buy" list!

    ReplyDelete