Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Master Cleanse...Day 1


Today I started the Master Cleanse. For the last few months, I've been on a ton of medications due to the accident, and just feel I need to detox some of the garbage I've had to put into my body. The master cleanse consists of lemon juice, pure maple syrup, a bit of cayenne pepper, and purified water. It is said to: Increase engergy, balance PH in the body, lose weight, reduce swelling and pain, alleviate allergies, flush the colon, improve skin and hair (check out this site for more information). It also recommends doing a salt water flush in the mornings and a lax tea at night. I drank the tea last night to prepare. I'm not a tea person, but I really liked the tea. It's called "Smooth Move" haha. It really didn't do much. I mixed the salt water flush this morning, I only got about 1/3 of the way through it. It was just really unbearable. I have to say the 1/3 of it WAS ENOUGH. The lemonade drink, was actually pretty good! My plan is to do it for 5 days, do an ease off, and then start again for another 3-5. The full cleanse is 10 days, but I don't know if I have the will power for it. My boyfriend did this a few months ago and only lasted 2 1/2 days. He did lose 10 lbs and has kept it off since. I'm looking more to flush out my system and looking better on the beach in a few weeks would be nice too. I have a major oral fixation, so I'm going to hunt for some natural gum at the co-op today because I know I'll need something to chew on. Keeping myself busy and motivated will hopefully make me succeed.


Day 1: The lemonade tastes great! I doubt I'll feel the same in a few days. I'm not hungry at all, but I have caught myself picking up things at my parent's house to eat and I just thought WOW how many times have I subconsciously threw things in my mouth without thinking. I have noticed that EVERY commercial on tv is about food...but I'm holding out great, and surprised at how not hungry I am. Hopefully tomorrow goes just as well!
Starting weight: 122.6 (I've been around 120 for the past month, but I binged because I knew I wasn't going to eat for 5 days, so I think that's why I'm a little higher). 


4 comments:

  1. Oh, I've been wanting to try the Master Cleanse! Thanks for sharing, you have inspired me to get healthy! Your blog is amazing, I am looking forward to your next post!
    If you have the time, I'd love for you to check out my blog and follow!
    http://covergirlandconverse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it is going well!!! You've given me the push I needed to do it! I am definitely going to try this out after I get the ingredients! I'm scared but so willing and excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have to attempt it as well. I had to take 12 of the pills I bought and it took 24 hrs for my action to occur. Slightly disappointed. Maybe I'll stick out the 7 days and see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Day 2, I'm not even hungry! I actually feel really good :)

    ReplyDelete