Saturday, March 3, 2012

Nail polish addict...


A few months ago when I started putting together my 'nook,' I found this old piece in my grandparent's basement that held type pieces for typewriters (i think anyways...). I thought it would be perfect for my nail polish, and I was right! I moved around the shelves a big and painted it. We screwed it in to the wall and added a support wire (they are heavy!!). Although it doesn't hold all of them, it helps me see what I have and displays them nicely..and helps me control my addiction. 

 The rest of my nail polish hoard I hide in here...

It's so hard not to grab a new pretty color!


10 comments:

  1. What a fab idea :)

    http//lazy2lovely.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nail polish hoarding.. a hard habit to break..but who says it needs to be broken :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much for the sweet comment on my blog! :) I'm pretty addicted to nail polish too...but I have my "lapses" where I don't want my nails painted at all! I've been on one nearly all winter. I usually want to paint more when my toes can be painted (aka ALL SUMMER!) I'm a new GFC follower!
    Stay stylish,
    Rory
    www.WearAboutsBlog.com
    Follow me on CHICTOPIA

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so creative! I've always wanted a nail polish shelf... but I move back and fourth so much between my parent's house and my apartment near my school, it just wouldn't be convenient. Ah, maybe someday, when I move out of my parent's house 100%. :)

    XO,
    SSDS

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you have so many different nail polishes!
    i'm so jealous :)

    xxx

    check out the international giveaway on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely and beautiful colour collection!!!
    Glad to come across your blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute idea! I'm a new follower on your blog. I hope you'll follow me back: http://ladyfairy-scloset.blogspot.com/
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. hhaha, This looks sooo cool!
    xo Paula - www.paschionforfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's such a great idea for displaying your nail polish :) and it looks pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need something like your nail polish shelf! Not only is it functional it looks like art!!

    ReplyDelete