Thursday, March 1, 2012

Scarf storage and coat closet organization

I was scolded recently by my boyfriend for almost 'busting' the storage box in our bench from the overflow of scarves. I tried the shower curtain ring method, but they all slid every time I moved it. I ended up just 'knotting' them on by folding the scarf in half and putting the ends through it (like tying it around your neck). This method worked so much better! 


I did this with both my spring and winter scarves and they are now being stored in our coat closet downstairs. 
I also organized our coat closet a few days ago. I keep my cocktail dresses in garment bags, coats, jackets, and blazers down here, as well as some boots and sneakers. My boyfriend has some closet overflow in here too, gotta give him some room :p



2 comments:

  1. I really love this idea!!! i have too many scarfs for the biggest herd of giraffs so this is def up my ally! :)

    love K

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh i really need to do this. my scarves are all a tangled mess in a drawer...

    ReplyDelete